Home Classroom and Family Entertainment Resources
See our SmartyPants resources page!
Mental Health Resources
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has compiled a list of Top HelpLine Resources along with many other helpful links.
- NAMI has also published this helpful resource guide to help answer questions you may have right now.
- The CDC offers some online tools to cope with stress and the changes in our daily-lives.
Tools for Mental and Physical Wellness
- Adult Services Librarian Bailey created this video to share a couple of easy mindfulness practices.
- The American Foundation of Suicide Prevention shared a list of practical things you can do to take care of your mental health during this time.
- Write. Tell your story. Research shows telling your own story is a great way to process trauma. In this article, a Historian urges his students to chronicle their lives for during this crisis, both for their own mental health and for posterity.
- Author and researcher Gretchen Rubin has created a list of practical tips for taking care of yourself.
- Yale psychology professor Laurie Santos teaches us how to increase our own happiness and build more productive habits.
Understanding What We're Feeling
- Harvard Business Review posted this article about understanding that what we’re feeling right now is grief.
- Psychology Today has shared a PBS Kids aimed at helping us understand what we’re experiencing and how to cope with it.