Automotive and "Do it Yourself"
- Automobile Reference Center: Repair information for most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles, including most vintage makes starting as far back as 1945. (if prompted to login, contact us)
- Small Engine Repair
- Self Help and More: Instruction and advice to help you make home repairs yourself.
Books and Reading
- Internet Classics Archive
- Project Bartleby Archive
- Literature Awards
- The Oxford Text Archive
- The Romance Reader
- What's Next? (Lists of Series and Sequels)
- Sites for mystery readers:
The Mystery Reader
Mystery Writers of America
Sisters in Crime
Stop, You’re Killing Me!
- Books and authors in the national media
- Get book recommendations, keep track of what you’ve read and want to read:
Reading Group Choices
What Should I Read Next? (U.K.-based):
Business and Finance
- American National Standards Institute
- New York Stock Exchange
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Small Business Administration
- Universal Currency Converter
Consumer Information: Automotive
- Car and Driver Buyer's Guide
- Edmund's Auto Buying Guide
- Kelley Blue Book
- N.A.D.A. Guides
- Consumer Guide Automotive
- Fuel Economy Guide (U.S. Dept. of Energy and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)
Consumer Information: General
- Best's Ratings On-line
Database of life/health, property/casualty, and international insurance company information
- Consumer Information Center
Full text versions of hundreds of the best federal consumer publications
- Consumer World
- US Consumer Gateway
Links to Federal consumer information
- Consumer Reports
- Consumer Guide
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
Disaster Preparedness and Prevention
- DisasterAssistance.gov: Those in need of assistance following a presidentially declared disaster designated for individual assistance can register here.
- FEMA National Flood Insurance Program documents (Community Rating System): Ref 363.348 FED (Moscow Library)
- U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency floodplain information
- DisasterAssistance.gov Those in need of assistance following a presidentially declared disaster designated for individual assistance can register here.
- Family Unschoolers Network
- Federal Student Aid
- Internet Public Library
- Library of Congress
- Peterson's Education Center
- BJ Pinchbeck’s College Companion: “All Things College”
- Academy of Motion Pictures
- All Music Guide
- Internet Movie Database
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- The Blue Highway
- FamilySearch The largest collection of free family history, family tree and genealogy records in the world.
- Ellis Island Search passenger arrivals to New York.
- Cyndi's List Listing of genealogical sites on the Internet.
Government and Politics
- Embassy World
- League of Women Voters
- Project Vote Smart
A non-partisan group gathering and distributing biographical history, voting records, campaign finances and promises, and performance evaluations about 13,000 elected officials and candidates.
- State of Idaho
- The White House
- U.S. Congress
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- United Nations
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (National Data Book.
The Statistical Abstract, published since 1878, is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
- USA.gov Official information and services from the U.S. government
- U.S. Government Manual: The official handbook of the Federal Government. Comprehensive information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches, as well as quasi-official agencies, international organizations in which the United States participates, and boards, commissions, and committees.
- CIA World Factbook Geography, people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military and transnational issues.
- U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) catalog Useful information published by the federal government, much of it available through Internet links.
The electronic storefront for Federal grants
- Foundation Center The most comprehensive database on U.S. grantmakers and their grants, plus other resource tools and information.
Health and Medicine
- Family Doctor Health information for the whole family from the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Nemours Foundation Center for Children's Health Media Health information about children, prenatal through adolescence
- Healthfinder.gov Guide to reliable health information, sponsored by the U.S. Office of Disease Prevention and Promotion
- MedLinePlus Sponsored by U.S. National LIbrary of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- USDA Food and Nutrition Information Center Index of the best food and nutrition resources on the Internet
- National Cancer Institute
- Center for HIV Information Comprehensive, up-to-date information on HIV/AIDS treatment, prevention, and policy
- Medicare. Including Medicare Prescription Drug Plan information, choosing a nursing home, long-term care planning, and more.
- MedLinePlus Alternative Medicine
Large-type search engine for those who prefer to see web pages displayed in a larger format:
- Cranky.com Designed to deliver the best results for those age 50 and older, with large type display option
- This Day in History
- Genealogical Research at the National Archives
- U.S. History from the Colonial Period to WWI
- Virtual Religion Index
- World History: Hyper History
3,000 years of history
- American History: A Documentary Record (The Avalon Project at Yale Law School)
- Our Flag A Congressional publication that briefly describes the history of the flag, and sets forth the practices and observances appropriate to its display.
- State of Idaho
- Digital Atlas of Idaho : Idaho’s Natural History Online
- Idaho Blue Book
- Idaho Commission for Libraries
- Idaho Commission on the Arts
- Idaho Community Profiles (produced by the Idaho Dept. of Commerce and Labor). Statistical profiles include labor force, community services, transportation, wages, communication capabilities, education, climate, and recreation.
- Idaho County Profiles (produced by the Idaho Dept. of Commerce and Labor). Statistical profiles include people, housing, the economy, education and social indicators, land ownership, natural resources, and agriculture.
- Idaho Division of Motor Vehicles. Idaho Driver’s Manual (audio as well as pdf versions), Idaho motor vehicle laws, and other drivers’ services information.
- Idaho Geological Survey
- Idaho Humanities Council
- Idaho Laws, a Guide for Women and Families compiled by the Idaho Women’s Commission
- Idaho State Historical Society
- Idaho State Historical Society Digital Collections
- Idaho Office of Energy Resources
- Idaho State Tourism
- Idaho Vital Statistics
- INSIDE Idaho Idaho's statewide geospatial data clearinghouse
- Starting a Business in Idaho Link to the current edition
- USDA Rural Development – Idaho. Helping to create quality housing, good jobs, safe drinking water, and reliable and modern infrastructure for rural communities, including loans for housing and home repair.
An Index of Legal Resources
- National Center for State Courts
- Nolo Press Self-Help Law Center
- U.S. Copyright Office
- U.S. Legal Forms
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Atlapedia Online
- Perry-Castaneda Library Map Collections
A collection of historical maps from every continent.
- U.S. Census maps
Detailed maps of anywhere in the United States
- Idaho Statesman
- Lewiston Morning Tribune
- Moscow-Pullman Daily News
- New York Times
- Seattle Times
- Spokesman Review
Recreation and Sports
Science and Technology
- A Dictionary of Measures, Units and Conversions
- How far is it?
Find the straight line distance between two points, also find the latitude and longitude of a point
- How Stuff Works
- Periodic Table of the Elements
- Internet 800 Directory
Directory of free, toll free, 800 and 888 business listings
US individual phone listings
- Arthur Frommer’s Budget Travel
- Backpack Europe on a Budget
- BootsnAll Travel for the Independent Traveller
- Couch Surfing Project Alternative and free accommodations for those seeking to create a better world through cultural exchange
- Eurocheapo Reviews and contact information for budget hotels
- Kayak Looks for the cheapest airfares and other travel rates across 140 travel sites
- Google Maps
- Rick Steves Europe Through the Back Door Information for smart European travel, plus a traveler forum
- Travel Beyond Vacations Award-winning trip-planning site organized by destinations and activities